The lecture: (from 2013)
Note: there is a period of 19 minutes of Q&A at the end of the lecture.
About the speaker:
- It used to be true that most of the great scientists were believers in God
- But now science has advanced and we have better instruments – is it still true?
- Today, many people believe that science has shows that the universe and Earth are not special
- We used to believe that the Earth was the center of the universe, and Darwin showed we are not designed
- The problem with this view is that it is based on old science, not modern science
- Three topics: origin of the universe, fine-tuning of the universe, the Rare Earth hypothesis
Experimental evidence for the origin of the universe:
- #1: Hubble discovered that the universe expands because of redshifting…
View original post 418 more words